Grants for Community Projects
Empowering Our Youth to Support Each One Another
Sam Jackenthal was more than just an athlete. While Sam was a talented, fearless, and committed athlete, he was also generous and kind. It was through his character, not his talent, that Sam left behind a legacy of positivity in his community.
We aim to meet the most pressing unfulfilled needs of Park City Area youth. Through our scholarship program, we inspire and grow the social and emotional health of our community's youth by proving opportunities to pursue their passions, give back to the community, and live life to the fullest, just like Sam did.
This Application is Currently Closed
While we are not accepting applications at this time, we encourage you to apply for the next cycle. Please join our mailing list to get the most up-to-date information.
This application is now closed. Thank you to all of those who applied.
The purpose of the Give Like Sam Grant is to provide resources for young, community-minded individuals (and groups) to plan and carry out meaningful service projects to benefit the Summit County Communities. We encourage students to identify needs in our community, brainstorm solutions and apply for funding to put their plan into action. All ideas are welcome, no matter how big or small.
Grants awarded will be between $100-$750 based on the project proposal.
Projects must be completed by the end of the 2021-2022 school year. Applications must be submitted by November 30th, 2021 (deadline extended to December 15th). Recipients will be notified in early January.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible for the Give Like Sam grant, an applicant must:
- Be between 6th and 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year
- Live or attend school in Summit County, Utah
- Willing to participate in a post-experience interview with the Live Like Sam Foundation
- Visit the Kalidescope Website and create an account.
- Complete the online application*.
- Length: 40 questions
- Est. time to complete: 45 minutes
*Please note: this will need to be done from a computer, not a mobile device.
Applications must be submitted by 11 pm (MST) on November 29th, 2021. The deadline has been extended to December 15th.
Applications can be submitted via the online form.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Create a Kaleidoscope account (this is where your application will be submitted).
- Think up an amazing community-centered idea to implement.
- Fill out the grant application before November 29th at 11 pm MST (deadline extended to December 15th).
- Do amazing things for your community!
Stay up to date on upcoming opportunities, newsletters, scholarships and events.
Get timely news straight to your inbox.
The gold handprint is Sam's. It represents Sam holding up his community, his lasting legacy and his continued inspiration to many.